Re: pid gets overwritten in OSX

От Francois Suter
Тема Re: pid gets overwritten in OSX
Дата
Список pgsql-general
<excerpt><excerpt>What is needed at this point is more observation.
You need to determine

whether the postmaster is in fact starting (and later dying) or

failing to start at all --- ie, is the postmaster.pid file left over

from a previous system boot cycle?  Checking the mod date of the pid

file might be enough to tell.

</excerpt></excerpt>

The error happened again during the week-end and I was able to collect
the following from Postgres' logfile:

"/usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid" already exists.

Is another postmaster (pid 217) running in "/usr/local/pgsql/data"?

</bigger></fontfamily>So it seems that the problem is that the
postmaster.pid file can't be overwritten. I checked the last mod date
and it is indeed left over from last startup. Any idea what could be
causing this problem?

--------

François

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"A fox is a wolf who sends flowers"
>>What is needed at this point is more observation.  You need to determine
>>whether the postmaster is in fact starting (and later dying) or
>>failing to start at all --- ie, is the postmaster.pid file left over
>>from a previous system boot cycle?  Checking the mod date of the pid
>>file might be enough to tell.

The error happened again during the week-end and I was able to
collect the following from Postgres' logfile:

Lock file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid" already exists.